Do you have a military themed play?
Are you a veteran/dependent playwright and looking for a place to showcase your work?
Are you working on a project that talks about the difficulties of transitioning from Military to being a Civilian?
If you fit into this criteria we would love for you to enter into the The Foxhole Stories playwriting competition.
Please follow these guidelines in preparing your manuscript.
1. This contest is restricted to plays written in the English language. Worldwide submissions are accepted.
2. Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays and musicals written in English. Translations and children’s plays are not accepted.
3. Playwrights may submit only one (1) manuscript.
4. Plays that have been professionally produced or published are not eligible. This does not include staged readings and workshops.
5. Plays may not be under option or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission.
6. American Blues Theater reserves the Right-of-First-Refusal to produce the world premiere of the winning manuscript for one (1) year beginning on date of the public announcement in January 2018.
7. Plays must be sent by PDF file.
8. Send the $20 administrative fee to: American Blues Theater, 4809 N Ravenswood Ave, Suite 221, Chicago, IL 60640 or pay online.
9. Include your contact information (including address, phone number, and email address) and a brief biography.